Ads By CbproAds

Welcome to Live a Beautiful Life!

We share tips and ideas to make the everyday person keep sane and more productive in achieving his/her dream life.

Your Ad Here
Friday, August 29, 2008

Labels: ,

Take Serious Steps Forward

Sometimes, when you put your dreams on your 'To Do' list, they may be too big and never materialize. But break these into manageable tasks and you can more easily accomplish them.

Here's an example of how to design a simple strategy or plan for a big dream. I'll call my project, 'Go On A Free Cruise To An Exotic Place Within The Next Three Months.'

I listed the ways I could make it happen. In this case, I couldn't just purchase a ticket because my project was to go on a free cruise. I chose to create a bartering relationship by booking a speech on a cruise ship in return for a free trip.

The steps to accomplish this were clear. Describe some topics about which I could speak; prepare my biography; get the name and number of several cruise ship lines. I decided not to mass-mail my proposal: I wanted the best cruise available. I committed to getting booked by Cunard Lines, which owns the luxury liner, Queen Elizabeth II.

In less than a month, I developed promotional materials, sent out a marketing package, and scheduled a date by which I intended to set sail. Before I had a chance to make a follow-up call to see if they were interested, Cunard called me. I was quickly booked to go on a Hawaiian cruise, all expenses paid for two, in exchange for presenting three twenty minute talks on how to make your dreams come true.

I'm an advocate of simplification and short-cuts. If you can find a faster way of getting something done, do it. One strategy for accomplishing something that you don't know how to do might be to learn it. Alternatively, you might hire or partner with somebody who already has that knowledge.

A crucial component of creating successful strategies is making use of the resources in all the areas of your life. Think about the people you know in the different aspects of your life; consider what's available to you in the way of technology and information. There's nothing that's not a potential resource.

Be sure you understand clearly the difference between a project and action steps. The project is the end result and the action steps are the strategies that get you there.

It's a lot easier to be in action on one component -- than on a big dream. You know that old joke, 'How do you eat an elephant?' 'One bite at a time.' This is also how you can more easily accomplish your dreams. One serious step at a time.

[Source: www.marciaw.com, by Marcia Wieder]



buy Buy 1d a cuppa chocolate!



Print this post


Share This Post:

Digg Sphinn del.icio.us Facebook Mixx Google Bloglines Ask De.lirio.us Reddit StumbleUpon Ma.gnolia Technorati YahooMyWeb Newsvine co.mments e-mail Furl WindowsLive Slashdot Simpy SphereIt Spurl blinkbits BlinkList PlugIM Diigo Bebo Twitter

0 comments:

Related Posts

Your Visitor Number

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.